Learning more about the disinfecting powers of UV-C light (ultraviolet light with a wavelength between 200 and 280 nanometers) — the same light that causes sunburn and skin-cell mutation in humans, can be an essential must have tool for everyone. UV light, the type used in most common devices on the market to clean household objects, has been shown to be effective at killing bacteria on computer screens, toothbrushes, and other objects. It has also been shown to affect viruses in similar ways that it affects bacteria. UV light is lethal to bacteria and viruses because of its high frequency that scrambles and damages their nuclear material. When it damages the DNA (or RNA) code of these pathogens, it also triggers lethal mutations that prevent them from reproducing properly. IMPORTANT - Experts say there haven’t been conclusive tests showing that UV light can kill the coronavirus. UV light can kill everything: bacteria, fungi, viruses. What is known for sure is that it is effective against other viruses like the flu.
Portable UV Sterilizer Light Ultraviolet
UV Wavelength: UV-C (253.7 nm
Irradiation Intensity: > 2500uw / cm2
Lamp life: > 20,000 hours
- Kills germs and bacteria in seconds
- Easy to use with foldable design
- Suitable for sterilising all surfaces
- No chemicals required
- Safety feature included
- Simply move the steriliser in your hand with the UV light facing downward. Move slowly across target surface for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Through UV irradiation, the DNA structure of a single celled virus will be damaged. This will lead to the virus’s immediate death or loss of reproductivity. It generally takes 10 seconds or more for the effects of sterilization to kick in.
- It has been proven that ultraviolet light can destroy bacteria, fungi, virus, and unicellular algae.
- Sterilization and deodorization: Ultraviolet rays can kill microorganisms by destroying microbial DNA and RNA. Widely used in kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, wardrobes, schools, offices and hospitals.
- Use the ultraviolet light to remove bacteria covering housewares, office equipment, masks and more. Maintain cleanliness in the room, closet, and household items.
- Foldable design - Lightweight clamshell design saves space and can be used at any time.
- Easy to operate - Simple operation, just press the switch button to open the light power.
- Automatic switch - With built-in automatic safety switch, when the lamp tube of the germicidal stick is facing upwards in the working state, the UV lamp is automatically turned off. To restore to the working state, just rotate the lamp of the germicidal stick to face down.
- Two ways of power supply - It can be powered by USB connection (cannot be charged), and also supports 4 AAA batteries.
- Scope of application - Suitable for home, office, business trips, travel, masks & easy to carry and use.
Type: portable UV disinfection light
Material: plastic + electric component
Product Colour: White
Battery: 4* 6v AAA (not included)
Voltage: USB 5V
UV-C tube: 3W
UV wavelength: UV-C (253.7nm).
Irradiation intensity: > 2500uw / cm2.
Size: 12.5*3.5*2.5cm/ 4.91*1.38*0.98inch (L*W*H)
Weight: 65g/ 2.29oz
1* portable UV disinfection light
1* USB Line
1* English Instruction Manual